How to Add Time Dependent Assignments to a Labour Calendar
A new (and long sort-after) addition to the Work Order assignment process is the ability to nominate a time of day as well as a date for staff and contractors.
Until now, only the date could be allocated with the time added into the Reason field or Task information. The user now has the option to assign as a date only or as a time and date.
The process is described below:
- In the Menu bar go to Tools -> Preferences -> Work Order -> Settings -> Track Assignment Time? -> Yes.
You must have the correct Access Group rights to do this. Once the change has been made, you will need to logout then back in for the change to take effect.
- In the Work Order details page, click a new assignment icon and then choose the Labour to be added.
Click on to the required date in the calendar
- The Assignment Info window opens. In the Hours / Minutes table, select the duration of the work e.g. 2 hours 30 minutes
- In the centre of the window select Anytime “Yes” for date -only or Anytime “No” for time + date.
If No is selected a drop-down menu allows you to add the start time (hour-minute-AM/PM
- When the assignment is Saved, the Labour Calendar will display this assignment.
Note that the assignments will be displayed with the date-only Work Orders at the top and then time + date in chronological order below.